February 25, 2016 by Ell and Mike Sports
Ell’s NFL Mock Draft 2016 – Before the Combine
- Titans – T Laremy Tunsil, OleMiss
The Titans know that they have something special in QB Marcus Mariota and they need to protect him. The offensive line is finally almost complete and what better way to open up the run game than bringing in a franchise LT.
- Browns – QB Jared Goff, Cal
The Browns need a QB more than any team, while I think they will be intrigued by the arm of Wentz, Goff is a more polished product. Goff could be Hue Jackson’s Andy Dalton as an accurate QB not expected to fully carry the load.
- Chargers – CB/S Jalen Ramsey, Florida State
The Chargers have a lot of needs, but really need an impact player on defense. While Bosa will be very tempting, Jalen Ramsey is clearly a great addition as he is also in the conversation to go #1 as a DB. The Chargers let Weddle go, but luckily his replacement will fall in their lap.
- Cowboys – DE Joey Bosa, Ohio State
The Cowboys need a defense that can create pressure and long term upgrades on the defensive line. I doubt DE Greg Hardy will be back and Bosa would be the perfect replacement. Bosa has a great motor and great technique to be a solid pass rusher.
- Jaguars – OLB Myles Jack, UCLA
The Jags really need a CB and would love to see Ramsey fall to them, but they really need an impact LB to play behind their active D-line. Jack is an athletic playmaker that HC Gus Bradley can plug into his Leo position to replace veteran pass rusher Chris Clemons.
- Ravens – T Ronnie Stanley, ND
The Ravens would like to see Bosa or Ramsey fall to this spot, but the offensive line has grown into a concern making Ronnie Stanley the pick as a long term solution. Eugene Monroe has underperformed and Stanley is an improving tackle who is very polished with good technique.
- 49ers – DE/DT Deforest Buckner, Oregon
The 49ers need help everywhere and would love to see one of the tackles fall this far, but Buckner gives them help along the D-line. Buckner is a huge athlete with freakish size who could serve the role of disruptive lineman that Fletcher Cox played for Chip Kelly last year.
- Dolphins – CB Vernon Hargreaves III, Florida
The Dolphins is a team in need of secondary help with veteran CB Brent Grimes getting up in age and the younger talent still developing. Hargreaves is a smaller built CB with great speed and cover skills. He has the ability to be a shutdown CB, but his physicality is a question.
- Bucs – DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson
The Bucs are still in need of a legit pass rusher from the DE position after many tries and would love for Bosa to fall this far, but it is highly unlikely. However, Lawson is a solid pass rusher with good size who can team up with star DT Gerald McCoy as a long term D-lineman.
- Giants – LB Jaylon Smith, ND
The Giants need playmakers in their front seven and haven’t had a true playmaking LB in years. Jaylon Smith is an active LB who will be all over the field as a sideline to sideline tackler, but he is coming off of serious injuries.
- Bears – LB Reggie Ragland, Alabama
- Saints – DT Sheldon Rankins, Louisville
- Eagles – QB Carson Wentz, NDSU
- Raiders – CB Mackensie Alexander, Clemson
- Rams – QB Paxton Lynch, Memphis
- Lions – T Jack Conklin, Michigan State
- Falcons – DT A’Shawn Robinson, Alabama
- Colts – T Taylor Decker, Ohio State
- Bills – DT Robert Nkemdiche, Ole Miss
- Jets – LB Darron Lee, Ohio State
- Redskins – DT Jarran Reed, Alabama
- Texans – RB Ezekiel Elliott, Ohio State
- Vikings – WR Laquon Treadwell, Ole Miss
- Bengals – WR Corey Coleman, Baylor
- Steelers – CB Eli Apple, Ohio State
- Seahawks – DE Noah Spence, Eastern Kentucky
- Packers – TE Hunter Henry, Arkansas
- Chiefs – CB Kendall Fuller, VT
- Cardinals – LB Leonard Floyd, Georgia
- Panthers – DE Kevin Dodd, Clemson
- Broncos – C Ryan Kelly, Alabama