March 5, 2014 by Ell and Mike Sports
NFL Mock Draft 2014
1. Texans DE Jadaveon Clowney (South Carolina)
Best player on the board; too good to pass up even for a QB.
2. Rams T Greg Robinson (Auburn)
Athletic freak which puts him ahead of the others; he would help against the pass rush in the NFC West.
(From the Redskins for RGIII)
3. Jaguars QB Blake Bortles (UCF)
He seems to have the most potential of all the QBs on the board and the Jags love potential.
4. Browns QB Teddy Bridgewater (Louisville)
I think this is the QB that they are secretly in love with and he falls in their lap.
5. Raiders QB Johnny Manziel (Texas A&M)
I think this wildcard appears to be a perfect match with this team; good luck.
6. Falcons OLB Khalil Mack (Buffalo)
The Falcons need a pass rusher and Mack is the hot name after the Combine.
7. Bucs WR Sammy Watkins (Clemson)
The Bucs O could use a playmaker opposite Jackson and Watkins can make plays everywhere.
8. Vikings OLB/DE Anthony Barr (UCLA)
Barr was considered the top pass rusher and can fill a serious need at OLB for the Vikings.
9. Bills S HaHa Clinton-Dix (Alabama)
With the Jarius Byrd situation up in the air, I think they will try to fill his spot long term.
10. Lions WR Mike Evans (Texas A&M)
Megatron needs a partner and who would be better than someone of similar build.
11. Titans T Jake Matthews (Texas A&M)
The Titans have problems at RT and Matthews is a luxury by this point.
12. Giants T Taylor Lewan (Michigan)
Lewan is a blessing in disguise for the Giants who had problems keeping Eli Manning upright.
13. Rams CB Justin Gilbert (OK State)
The Rams are in a good spot to pick the best player available and with Finnegan coming off injury CB is a need.
14. Bears S Calvin Pryor (Louisville)
The Bears have problems at safety and with no elite DEs available to help the pass rush they pick the best secondary player.
15. Steelers DT Louis Nix (Notre Dame)
The Steelers need to get younger on defense and they haven’t had a solid NT since Casey Hampton was released.
16. Cowboys LB C.J. Mosley (Alabama)
With DeMarcus Ware as very likely cap casualty, the Cowboys need to find his replacement ASAP; Mosley is a nice athletic linebacker from a pro style defense.
17. Ravens WR Marquise Lee (USC)
The Ravens need O-line help and a playmaker for the offense to regain form, but the tackles are gone and a good WR falls right in their lap.
18. Jets TE Eric Ebron (North Carolina)
The Jets need a player maker to help Geno Smith progress and the top WRs are gone, but Ebron will be a nice target in the passing game.
19. Miami T Zack Martin (Notre Dame)
The Dolphins need O-line help and Martin is the best tackle left on the board.
20. Cardinals DT Timmy Jernigan (Florida State)
The Cards could use more pass rush help and a possible replacement for Darnell Dockett. Jernigan could start off as a nice DE/DT rotational player on the D-line.
21. Packers S Calvin Pryor (Louisville)
The Packers could use a nice physical safety to scare people like Charles Woodson did for a few years; Pryor fits the bill.
22. Eagles CB Bradley Roby (Ohio State)
The Eagles are in need of secondary help especially at the CB position and Roby is a player with good speed and coverage skills who should contribute immediately.
23. Chiefs WR Kelvin Benjamin (Florida State)
The Chiefs lacked a game changer at WR and Benjamin is a huge WR who runs well with the ability to go up and get it.
24. Bengals DT Aaron Donald (Pitt)
The Bengals are going to lose a good pass rusher in Michael Johnson, but Donald would give them another versatile lineman they could use at DE or DT; he would also be insurance for Geno Atkins coming off of injury.
25. Chargers CB Darqueze Dennard (Michigan State)
The Chargers are in dire need in the secondary, mostly CB, and a nice quality cover corner falls in their lap.
26. Cleveland RB Carlos Hyde (Ohio State)
The Browns are in need of a RB for the long term and Hyde has shown he is the best in this class; a nice power addition.
(From Colts for RB Trent Richardson)
27. Saints CB Jason Verrett (TCU)
The Saints are in need of help at CB after cutting a couple veterans, along with inconsistent play, and Verrett is a nice cover corner with good speed.
28. Panthers WR Odell Beckham (LSU)
Beckham is a WR with good size and speed he would be a welcomed addition to bare Panthers WR core.
29. Patriots DT Ra’Shede Hageman (Minnesota)
Hageman has really stood out while the scouts have been watching with the potential gain high as a player and the Pats in need of D-line help don’t be surprised to see them pick Hageman. He is a huge man with long arms and a good burst.
30. 49ers WR Brandin Cooks (Oregon State)
Cooks is the speed threat the 49ers have been hoping for and he could provide the deep threat they need to complete the offense with Gore, Boldin, Davis, and Crabtree in place.
31. Broncos DE Kony Ealy (Missouri)
Ealy didn’t display the speed of a good edge rusher, but his stats how otherwise. He will become a good pass rush addition who can also help against the run opposite Shaun Phillips.
32. Seahawks T Cyrus Kouandjio (Alabama)
Kouandjio is one of the better prospects on the board, but has not wowed the scouts yet. However, teams know the talent is there so he is definitely a luxury and may be considered a steal at this point.